Friday, January 30, 2009

25 Things About Me

I am a Facebook junkie. When I should be cooking dinner or putting my kids to bed, I find myself engrossed in family vacation photos of a classmate from 1st grade. This past week, a new FB post has been spreading like wildfire. It's called "25 random things about me".

I have found it absolutely fascinating to read the quirky, interesting, and surprising tidbits about people I thought I knew pretty well. So I thought I would share my list with you as I start down this blogging journey.

(1) There are 1,000,000 other things I should be doing right now.

(2) I have an internet business and I compulsively check for new sales. If I received an order every time I looked, I'd be a rich woman.

(3) I am terribly afraid of heights, but only if I am not strapped in. I am fine with crossing bridges in the car, traveling on airplanes, and even riding roller coasters. But I can't walk on the second floor of the mall without hugging the wall. And forget about sky rides. Truth be told- I'm afraid I will jump.

(4) I always thought a cruise would make a nice vacation, but I have changed my mind in recent years. See #3.

(5) I spend 2 hours at the gym every day...but most of the time I work on the computer while my children play in Kids Club.

(6) I'm the daughter of a preacher, but I hardly ever go to church.


(7) If I ate as healthy as my children, I'd be 10 lbs. lighter, easy.

(8) I have had 1 manicure in my life- on my wedding day.

(9) Despite an inexcusable number of slips on my part, my 7 year old son believes he heard his first curse word the other day on the playground- whoopy ass.

(10) I mow the lawn (and it's pretty big) despite my husband's suggestion that we hire a service. Makes me feel better about #5.

(11) A massage is the ultimate indulgence for me, but unfortunately I am too ticklish to fully relax. Though one time when I was pregnant, I fell asleep and missed the whole thing.

(12) My husband is much more stylish than I am. I have an eye for good clothing & accessories, but I feel like it is too much work sometimes. Besides, my kids tend to ruin most of my nice things anyway, so why bother.

(13) I would have a few more kids if I was a few years younger- and if my husband was on board.

(14) After a number of decorating nightmares, I finally pulled together one room in my house that is magazine-worthy. Maybe one day I'll post a pic on FB.

(15) I don't worry about anything. I consider this to be one of my best traits.

(16) I often encourage my children to watch more television so that I can get work done.

(17) When I was 8, I walked to Holland Elementary and wrote Jason Lyons' name all over the pillars at the bus drop-off point. In chalk, fortunately. The next day he was called to the principal's office. This is my confession...I never told him or anyone else, but I felt bad for a long time.

(18) I truly believe our children inherited the best of us.

(19) My husband calls my car the ghetto mobile. It was a nice, new VW Passat that has, admittedly, seen better days. He has suggested a new car, but I refuse until the kids are less messy.

(20) My son told me the other day that he gets a headache in my car, but not in Daddy's. When I asked him why, he said it's because Daddy has rules and therefore his car is clean. "What rules?", I asked. He said, " No toys, no eating, no drinking, things like that." He will live to regret those words.

(21) I buy my sunglasses at the grocery store, and it seems like I replace them as often as I buy milk.

(22) If I won the lottery, there is not much I'd change about my life. And I wouldn't tell anybody, especially my children.

(23) I adore Neil Diamond.

(24) I am the worst athlete in the world. I played community softball for 5 years, and made the winning catch in a championship game. That is a moment I will never forget.

(25)When I was studying abroad in Spain, my 80-year old grandmother came to visit me. We laughed together for the entire week . That was the most memorable, worthwhile part of my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

By TwitterButtons.com