Saturday, April 11, 2009

Dr. Seuss Quotes- Words to Live By



Some authors have the ability to make profound statements with a very few, easily understandable words. Their remarks can be appreciated by the young, the old, and everyone in between.

Dr. Seuss is one of the most quoted children's authors, and rightfully so. I'd like to share with you my favorite words of wisdom that this brilliant man has shared with the world.

“Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”

“How did it get so late so soon?”

“I meant what I said and I said what I meant.”

“Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.”

“You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room.”

“Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.”

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”

“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”

“And will you succeed? Yes! You will indeed! (98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed)”

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.”

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose."

"So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads."

“Don’t give up. I believe in you all. A person’s a person no matter how small.”

"I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues."

“Young cat, if you keep your eyes open enough, oh, the stuff you would learn! The most wonderful stuff!”

“Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way.”

“I know up on top you are seeing great sights, but down on the bottom we, too, should have rights.”

“My alphabet starts with this letter called yuzz. It’s the letter I use to spell yuzz-a-matuzz. You’ll be sort of surprised what there is to be found once you go beyond ‘Z’ and start poking around!”

“I’m sorry to say so but, sadly it’s true that bang-ups and hang-ups can happen to you.”

“If you never did, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good.”



2 comments:

  1. I am giving away a Dr. Suess book, Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? on my children's book review blog, I am super excited to have found your site and I will link your site to mine as another resource for my readers.
    My giveaway ends 4/20/09.
    http://writtenwindows.blogspot.com/2009/04/my-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dr.Seuss!! I'm 11! Lol I live by most of these! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete

 

By TwitterButtons.com